Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What We Love

Thanks to Laurie from Morning Sun First Grade, I learned about a new website, Imagechef.com and a great way to utilize the word mosaic portion of this site.

During our writing time yesterday we discussed lists and various ways that we use lists. Kiddos then made lists of the people and things that they love. Next, using the SMARTboard, I showed the kiddos how to use their list to create a word mosaic using the imagechef.com site. We then went to the computer lab and kiddos typed their words and changed their fonts to create their unique mosaic. We then saved the image to our folders on the network. We will be learning how to put our mosaics onto our KidBlogs in the coming days. We also printed our mosaics so we could bring a copy home.

Here is my mosaic to give you an idea of what they looked like.
Thanks again Laurie for the fantastic idea!!!

I'm already planning how I can use this site again in the future...
There's a shamrock-shaped mosaic for St. Patrick's Day... hmmm....

I also love that instead of an image, you can use your initials for your shape. I'm thinking that this would be a great tool for us to use when writing descriptive words about ourselves or when interviewing a buddy we could use their initials with their descriptive words. The ideas are endless.


1 comment:

  1. I love your idea with the initials! I'll have to try that one with my kiddos! :)

    ✿Laurie
    Morning Sun First Grade

    ReplyDelete