Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yes!

Ah yes, the dreaded blue screen! It seems like everytime I take my class into the lab at least one computer has "the dreaded blue screen" and the child sitting at that computer is almost instantaneously raising their hand saying their computer isn't working. Obviously this takes time out of our lab time as I am running around helping kids to login sooooo.... I finally had enough. I am proud to say that all my first graders today learned how to navigate through "the blue screens"!!! I put together a bulletin board on one of the lab walls last week and used it today to actually teach them how to do ctrl+alt+delete and then how to type in the generic username and password that our district uses for K-1 students. It was awesome!! All but 5 got it on their first attempt and the 5 that didn't get it the first time just needed to remember that the capital I wasn't a lowercase L and they were all in on their  2nd attempt. I am still pumped about how well they did and how quickly they did it. We have computer again tomorrow and I'm excited to have them all log out (something else they learned today) so they can do it again tomorrow for practice!!! Sometimes it really is the little things in life that make your day wonderful!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog and see that we have common interests. I teach first grade in Iowa and love integrating technology into my classroom. Thanks for sharing your ideas! :)
    http://morningsunfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you aboard. Love your blog- always fun to see others classrooms and their learning environment!

    ReplyDelete