Sunday, August 27, 2017

Back to School with Seesaw

For the past two years, one of my all time favorite apps has been Seesaw. It never ceases to amaze me the ways it can be used to engage learning and document students growth! If you've not tried it out, I HIGHLY encourage you to jump in and give it a try. You can't go wrong for free!!!


That's what I, and many other teachers in our district have said for the past two years. This year though, our district has jumped on the Seesaw boat and is purchasing Seesaw for Schools for our elementary buildings. I couldn't be more thrilled. With this, I want to see more parents connected to their child's learning. In today's day and age, there's no reason that you can't be a part of your child's learning even if you can't volunteer at school or attend evening functions. With Seesaw it's a matter of getting a notification and seeing and responding to your child in real time! It's so easy and students absolutely LOVE having an authentic audience outside of the school walls!


Our Open House is this coming Tuesday and in hopes of connecting as many parents as possible, I've created this note for parents which really sums up how I feel about Seesaw as well as a couple of step-by-step workflow posters to set out for parents.


If you think these may be something that would work for you, please feel free to download them here.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks!!! I appreciate you sharing your letters. Perfect for sharing with parents at my Open House tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete