Sunday, August 2, 2015

Technology for Standards-Based Literacy

Utilizing technology during the literacy block can be a very rewarding venture. I have been and continue to work to find ways to bring technology into our reading and writing while still maintaining good pedagogical practices. I don't believe that technology should be used for the sake of using technology. There needs to be a purpose and it needs to in some way enhance traditional practice. 

The presentation above is one that I am giving at SITA15 on using technology to enhance standards-based literacy instruction. Tools discussed will be Padlet, PicCollage and use of interactive whiteboard apps such as Explain Everything and DoodlecastPro. As with any presentation, the face to face presentation gives participants much more information so please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions after viewing the slides. My contact info is on the last slide of the presentation.
You can also find more examples of many of the tools discussed right here on my blog. Check the "Oodles of Topics" area for links.

If you have any wonderful ways in which you've used technology to enhance your literacy instruction, I'd love for you to share it in the comments area below. In our connected world, it is wonderful when we can all share and learn from each other!

3 comments:

  1. Sara,

    I just viewed your presentation slides. Thank you for posting this resource. As I move my class into year 2 of 1:1, I am always looking to expand my horizons along with my students. Great resources and ideas. Thanks again!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Getting ready to do my first padlet this week-we are using chromebooks, so can't scan the qr code. Still going to be fun and interactive though! Now...I'm working on a blog. Thanks again! DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome DeeDee! I'm so excited for you!!! So glad that you are giving all of this a whirl! Good luck with your Padlet this week! If you need any assistance with the blog, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

      Delete